Click Here For MCQ

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

BHAKTI MOVEMENT HISTORY

 1. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the features of Bhakti Movement


I. Condemnation of rituals, ceremonies and blind faith


II. Rejection of idol worship by many saints


Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


A. I only


B. II only


C. Both I and II


D. Neither I nor II


Ans: C


2. Which of the following dynasties under the Saivaite Nayanmars and Vashnavaite Alwars preached the Bhakti cult?


A. Pallavas, Pandyas and Cholas


B. Pallavas, Kaktyas and Cholas


C. Pallavas, Pandyas and Cheras


D. Rashtrakutas, Pandyas and Cholas


Ans: A


3.  Which of the following was the basic premise of Bhakti Movement?


A. Bhakti or Single minded, uninterrupted and extreme devotion to God with the help of Brahmins was the only means of Salvation.


B. Bhakti or Single minded, uninterrupted and extreme devotion to God was the only means of Salvation.


C. Both A & B


D. None of the above


Ans: B


4. Who among the following had given the doctrine of Advaita or Monism?


A. Sankara


B. Saivaite Nayanmars


C. Vashnavaite Alwars


D. Tukaram


Ans: A


5. Who preaches Visishtadvaita?


A. Tulsidas


B. Saivaite Nayanmars


C. Sankara


D. Ramanuja


Ans: D


5. Who was the disciple of Vallabhacharya?


A. Tulsidas


B. Surdas


C. Tukaram


D. Ramanuja


Ans: B


6. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the Bhakti Movement:


I. Originated as a reaction against caste division, untouchability and ritualism in India.


II. Devotion was the pivotal point in the Bhakti cult in uniting human soul with god.


Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


A. I only


B. II only


C. Both I and II


D. Neither I nor II


Ans: C


7. Which statement (s) is/are related to the Ramananda?


I. He worshipped Ram and Sita but preached the oneness of God and the doctrine of Bhakti for everyone


II. Dismissed the caste system and untouchability, simplified rules of worship and made rigidity of the Varnashrama tradition milder.


Code:


A. I only


B. II only


C. Both I and II


D. Neither I nor II


Ans: C


8. Select the correct statement (s) is/are related to the Kabir.


I. He was the disciple of Ramananda and the most liberal among medieval Indian reformers.


II. He was possibly a contemporary of Sultan Muhammad Bin Tughlaq (1489-1517).


Code:


A. I only


B. II only


C. Both I and II


D. Neither I nor II


Ans: A


9. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the Dadu Dayal or Dadu:


I. He was a worshipper of Lord Krishna.


II. He was not for caste or class distinctions and his objective was establishing harmony among all faiths.


Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


A. I only


B. II only


C. Both I and II


D. Neither I nor II


Ans: B


10. Who founded the faith on a ritual-free, simple “Sat Shri Akal” or the worship of God and truth?


A. Dadu Dayal


B. Guru Nanak


C. Sri Chaitanya


D. Guru Govind Singh


Ans: B


No comments:

Post a Comment